"He who loveth a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, or an effectual comforter" Isaac Barrow

Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

School Starting Soon!

Gearing up for the fall is always a very enjoyable time for me. I love buying massive amounts of school supplies like markers and composition books when they are so discounted. I love planning out some exciting field trips and clubs we'll take part in. I love browsing through this years curriculum and scheduling out the first weeks of school. Everything is fresh and new and full of promise at this time of year. I even enjoy sharpening massive amounts of pencils so they are all at the ready. I think if I didn't homeschool, I'd have to be a teacher somehow.

We will be going back on September 1st. I just can't bring myself to start back in August, that just feels too much like summer to me. So our first week will be a 3 day week, perfect for getting back into gear. The day before we start, we'll have a "Not back to school" breakfast at Panera with some friends, followed by a park day. The kiddos are planning on bringing along a bunch of toys to the park they no longer want, and swapping them with their friends.

This is the year Benny is officially a kindergartener. He's been doing "school" along with his sisters sincve he was 3, since he loves it so much, but this is his first official year. This is the first time I'll have to account for his education at our school board reviews.

I'll post soon what I'm using this year for all the kids, in case anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment