"He who loveth a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, or an effectual comforter" Isaac Barrow

Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. is so close yet so many of us fail to utilize its' many resources. I've been guilty of this too. I have to force myself to go usually, but am so glad when I finally do. I try to go at least four times a year, but from now on am focusing on a once a month trip. There are just so many awesome museums and sites to visit, a few times a year makes for a stressed and rushed visit. It helps that a mom in a homeschool group I belong to has been scheduling some trips at the Natural History Museum. Yesterday we attended a class on rocks and minerals which was awesome. Afterward we explored the museum a bit, focusing on early human history. I had no idea how far back the human tree goes! Fascinating stuff. Also gd a really good conversation with a museum docent about how humans today are destroying so much evolutionary work that has been done on our brains in the last few hundred thousand years with our crappy diets and sedentary lifestyles. Anyway, afterwards we hoped on over to the National Zoo and spent the rest of the day there. Fun stuff. Tomorrow is the circus. We ended up with a one day school day this week. Oh well, it's a journey not a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment