"He who loveth a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, or an effectual comforter" Isaac Barrow

Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nose Piercing!

So I took Molly to the mall a couple of weeks ago to get her 2nd ear piercing, after a couple of years of putting her off abt it. Instead of satisfying her need for holes shot into her body, it seemed to have started us down a veeerrry slippery slope. I took Sophia and Benny on a hike last Sunday, and as I was unloading our muddy gear from the back orf the Tahoe, Molly and two girlfriends popped out at me with guess what??? Nose piercings! Molly's was only half in, and she a bit belatedly, but not completely, asked for "permission". I was really hesitant at first, I always thought of nose piercings as well disgusting if you must know, but I decided to ok it. I mean, it is her body, it really isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. It's not that permanent, its a tiny tiny tiny hole that will close up, or be hardly noticeable if you don't wear anything in it. I've always let Molly dye her hair whatever color suits her mood, so this isn't so different.
I did admire their bravery. I mean sticking a needle in your nose takes guts and determination. Think of how badly they wanted this. They did sterilize everything, thank you very much. Any way, no infections yet. One of the girls is grounded, the other girls mom just said she was glad it wasn't a tat, and Molly's mom, well, I think it's kinda cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment