"He who loveth a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, or an effectual comforter" Isaac Barrow

Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time to Make the ........Playdough!

Yes, its that time of year again, time for the specials day classes to be starting again. This means each Thursday I'll be cooking up a giant vat of homemade playdough for my playdough class for 2 - 4 year olds. I multiply my single batch recipe by 8, what's that octupling it? Is that a word? All I know is its incredibly hard to stir. The kneading in the color is the best part, for days I'll look as blue as a smurf or perhaps red as a tomato? Anyway, the kids love it (I hope), and its a relatively easy class to "teach".

This semester I'm also "teaching" another class for the same age group. Its called "Lets Build". Each week we'll build using different materials. Tomorrow we will be building train track. This is where Benny's mountainous supply of building materials will come in handy. We should be able to build a track larger than the classroom.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment